Digital Marketing Internship
Please Note: This is an unpaid internship. A monthly stipend for internet and phone expenses is offered, but there is no hourly or salaried compensation for this internship.
The Refined Impact Digital Marketing Internship is a hands-on learning experience intended to introduce you to the core concepts of the digital landscape: search engine optimization, user experience, social media marketing, and digital advertising campaigns.
This is a remote opportunity where interns will work with our team via video-conference (Skype) and provide assistance in performing marketing analysis, producing Partner reports, creating and publishing content on various social media platforms, interpreting campaign data to make informed marketing decisions, and managing digital marketing campaigns designed to meet our Partners’ objectives.
Our goal is to prepare you for a career in digital marketing and enable you to make the best use of your skillsets. We are looking for applicants who are passionate about digital communications, highly-motivated, creative problem-solvers, and eager to learn. Applicants must be capable of learning on-the-fly in a fast-paced environment, while interacting with other team members and our Partners.
- Work with team members and leadership to develop multi-media digital marketing strategies (search, video, display, social, etc.) that will meet Partner objectives.
- Assist with our Partners’ Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies such as setting up Google Search Console, content publishing, Yoast, and keyword research.
- Assist in managing digital marketing campaigns on platforms such as Google Ads, Bing Ads & Facebook Ads Manager.
- Assist in writing website content as well as implementing site edits, optimizations, and marketing tag placements.
- Perform market research on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+.
- Assist in creating, scheduling, and publishing content to various social media platforms that will engage
specific audience demographics.
- Assist in producing marketing performance and website analytics reports that will help drive digital
- Assist in performing basic graphic design, photography, and videography to create organic images for use
in Partners’ web & social media content.
- Detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through.
- Prepared for a lot of on-the-job training.
- Effective in both written and verbal communication with strong grammar skills.
- Ability to multitask time-sensitive projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Must have reliable high-speed internet access, phone, and a PC or Mac computer with webcam.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or Google+.
- Experience using WordPress is a plus, but not necessary.
- Experience using Google/Bing/Facebook ad platforms is a plus, but not necessary.
- Experience using Google Analytics is a plus, but not necessary.
Benefits of Working with Refined Impact
- Flexible hours
- Work remotely
- Monthly Internet/Phone Stipend
- Transparent workplace
- Training from experienced digital marketers & Google Certified Professionals
- Opportunities to be creative and implement your ideas and suggestions
Refined Impact provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Refined Impact complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Refined Impact expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Refined Impact’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.