Refined Impact is looking for an associate back-end web developer to join our team and expand our capacity and skillset. This position is contract-based, with the potential for part-time and/or full-time employment in the future if desired.
Refined Impact’s Associate Developer will work with the development team to create and implement custom WordPress-based solutions along with PHP framework-based solutions. The Associate Developer will aid sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Aids other developers with system design and implementation.
Examples of projects the Associate Developer would work on:
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Minimal front-end development
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers, and other developers
- Developing WordPress plugins and integrations for e-commerce websites
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for partner website projects
- Contributing to support of current partner websites
- Participating in remote team meetings
- Participating in remote partner meetings
Degree in related field or comparable experience in PHP web development required. Knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and HTML/CSS. Experienced in developing for WordPress and WooCommerce. Ability to assist team in identifying partner problems and develop/implement a software solution. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Advanced knowledge of WooCommerce
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) is a plus.
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Comfortable talking with team members
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (Sykpe, phone, and via email)
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
- A strong vocabulary
- Sense of humor
- Love of Coffee
Refined Impact provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Refined Impact complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Refined Impact expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Refined Impact’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.